Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Start a Sharing Habit in 2020!

2020 is here! It's a new decade! Can you believe that living in the twenties is no longer a reference to the distant past? So what do the new twenties have in store for you? 

Pastor Kris here with a little encouragement for the new year and some vision for the decade ahead of us. First off, a reality check. The reality is this: the vast majority of what happens in your life in the next decade will depend on the habits you keep. We often look at life as a set of circumstances, opportunities, and big decisions. Each of those has their place - and we all encounter the occasional big event that changes everything - but looking back over years past most of us can attest that the days and hours of life are primarily made up of the habits that we keep. Plain and simple. The stuff you do daily is the stuff that guides and directs your life. 

So what do we do with that? Here's my challenge for you in 2020.
  • If you're new to TTW - start a Bible habit.
  • If you already love TTW - share a Bible habit, and start a sharing habit! 
How? Simple. Make it your goal to tell one person about Through the Word every week this year. One person a week. Not that hard. One of my favorite things about TTW is how easy it is to share. I know a lot of Bible, but I've always struggled with sharing my faith. It's just really hard for my personality to open those conversations. Some people are amazing at it. For me it's awkward. But telling someone about a great app that I found is easy! I liked it - so maybe you'll like it. And I've found that a lot of people really like the concept of an audio guide for the Bible. I just say, "You know - like the headphones you get at a museum with a friendly voice to walk you around and explain it. It's like that - but for the Bible. And it's free!" Simple as that. No one's ever been offended, and a lot of people think it's a pretty great idea. No pressure - no sales pitch - no awkward. And if they try it - and they get hooked - you just shared a Bible habit. And after years of doing this, I am thoroughly convinced that a Bible habit is a life changer.

Now think about this. If you share Through the Word once a week this year, and let's say only one in four actually gets hooked - or about one a month. That's twelve Bible habits, and twelve lives changed this year, thanks to you! And what if those people start sharing the same way - once a week - with the same results. By the end of 2020, your sharing would change more than 4,000 lives! Keep it up, and by the end of the decade you would reach the whole planet! 

Is that realistic? Well, it certainly has some challenges! First of all, we need to upgrade TTW, update more guides, and get TTW into more languages. (And there are many languages that don't even have a Bible - more on that coming soon!). We also need to make TTW more accessible - to the blind, deaf, and others. And of course there is the question of whether each listener would actually start not only a Bible habit but also a sharing habit. 

But hold on. Let's not allow excuses keep us from a moment of opportunity! Why not try for amazing. The door stands open before us. The reality of the two thousand twenties is that we have a set of opportunities and tools that no generation before us has ever seen! A decade ago there was no TTW, but there was this amazing new opportunity called mobile apps - so we tried something new - and that crazy idea now reaches 26,000 daily. Why stop here?!

So let's try it: one a week in 2020. Share a Bible habit - and start a sharing habit. And you may be surprised at who’s interested. A lot of people are curious about the Bible - and would really love some help understanding it. So you share a Bible habit - and we’ll keep working on improving the app, making new audio guides - and giving you something great to share! Can't wait to see what God does in the new twenties!

In Christ,
Pastor Kris
  

26 comments:

  1. Im all for sharing the Word of God...can you give ideas on how to do this within the app? I couldnt find share function. Thanking God for this App!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click 3 lines at the bottom to open the More menu. Click Info & Support. Click Share TTW.

      Delete
    2. Select More button, by the Home button, select Info & Support, there is a SHARE button there.

      Delete
    3. Select More option by the home button, Select Info and Support, there is a SHARE button there.

      Delete
  2. Awesome idea, & your right it's easy to share, especially when u LOVE IT!! And for people who don't know a lot about the Bible but want to learn more this is the best!! You can not help but learn with the audio guides, so informative! Having the choice of thru the Bible from start to finish or Journeys, excellent. Thank you for the wonderful app. And. . . I put my money where my mouth is, TTW is well worth my support! (Just wish I would have requested the tee shirt) May GOD continue to bless this ministry & you continue to share HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is EXACTLY what I have been doing. I read the Bible, but consistancy is where I struggle. I made it a goal to read one chapter of the Bible each day. I have no idea how long it will take me, but I don't care. Through The Word has helped SO much with the understanding of cultures in Bible times - it clears up many questions I have. I didn't know there was more than one John! And 2Samuel is packed with rich history that I would have missed if it weren't for Through The Word! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy this app and wanted to share it with my friends but found no way that I could share it with them��
    Do you guys have a "share function" coming soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi noticed there is no longer the option to share that you have completed a guide to social media with a link. ( on the android app). Is there a plan to bring this back as i found it a great way to enourage each other and a reminder ifngoing through a book together. There doesnt seem to be way of sharing anything easily any more. (Jusr saying as wanting to share the app and a study to some guys in my discipleship group.
    Other than that, keep it up you guys start my day and are a blessing. Be encouraged. Cheers Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob and family. I was wondering what happened to that option also. When I first downloaded the app each time I finished a chapter I had the option to share with friends in a text or post on social media. Ever since the app was updated I haven't seen the option to share anymore. I wonder what happened?

      Delete
  6. Count me in on 1 share per week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. Is it possible to have the passage in Spanish? Or would a person need another Bible app for that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I began reading TTW last year befor the update. I never used the new format because it gave me no way to save my prayers and thoughts. So I continued to log in using the original format which I've grown to love . After finishing the fourth chapter, it no longer allowes me to continue on. I prefer the original format unless you can show me where I can continue saving my prayers daily and thoughts. This format appears to be Jamed with a lot of stuff but all I want is to read,study and pray in the original format. Am I alone here?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharing with 1 person a week:) app is cool and convenient. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I began reading TTW last year befor the update. I never used the new format because it gave me no way to save my prayers and thoughts. So I continued to log in using the original format which I've grown to love . After finishing the fourth chapter, it no longer allowes me to continue on. I prefer the original format unless you can show me where I can continue saving my prayers daily and thoughts. This format appears to be Jamed with a lot of stuff but all I want is to read,study and pray in the original format. Am I alone here?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Went through revaluations with this app and OMG I loved it. It had me hooked from the first day. Could not lay it down and when I did all I could think about was getting what I had to do done so I could get back to it, kind of like those 3 night mini series just left you hanging. Just finished the introduction and can't wait to dive in. Got to go do a little more Life stuff but I'll be back. lol! So far awesome app! I have already done my share for today my hubby can really bennifit from this app.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent app! God bless the team supporting the ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! looked like it was a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't seem to find a way to share either. I have an Android app and really wanted to share the positive side of Ecclesiastes instead of the dismal that it can sound like. I was hoping to share a specific chapter and the sharing option is greyed out. I also checked YouTube and was unable to find it in there either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The app keeps freezing up on my Android. I had no problem when I went through your website. Is this a common problem. I know that it was last year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the time and effort that you all have put into this app. I have always found it hard to understand most of what i was reading but i think this app will help a lot. I plan to share this with as many people as i can. I think it's a great way to share your faith with others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went through the book of Daniel with the app it was amazing , it will be good to be able to share and invite friends and family

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for this app. I get a wonderful new experience of going Through the Bible. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. To share go under MORE at the bottom right-hand side then INFO AND SUPPORT and you'll find a SHARE link.

    ReplyDelete