Monday, December 31, 2018

App is Fixed! And TTW Turns 7!

Hello TTW friends. We had a temporary issue with the app but it's all fixed now. If you experienced the trouble, we apologize for the frustration. All should be working properly now - just close and reopen the TTW to allow it to reset. Thanks for your patience and your prayers! And if you missed it - today's original blogpost is below...

Happy Anniversary TTW!
Seven years ago this week TTW launched a brand new app in the App Store (the official date was 12/29/11), and the road since that day has been quite an adventure! So I want to extend a very big thank you to all of you who have been part of this journey, and to all those who continue to make it possible. It is just amazing to look back and see how far we've come.

So I thought I would share a quick story. On Sunday I happened to visit a very large church that I had also visited back when we launched. I remember so clearly - looking around the 4,000 seat auditorium in 2012 and thinking, "We could reach enough people to fill this whole room." Now I didn't tell people that - because it was crazy! We were a bootstrap ministry with very big dreams and very little means. Well, seven years of faith, perseverance, and hard work gone by - and today we could fill that room about 26 times every week. Our daily audience just reached 15,000 - our seventh year of 50% audience increase year-over-year. And to God be every last bit of glory!

I can't say that I'm surprised to be here. I always knew that I couldn't do it - but God could. But I still stand in awe! This is crazy awesome. And I also can't say that I've stopped dreaming big. There are a lot more people who need a Bible habit. And just recently, some big doors started opening up. The opportunity to translate suddenly opened wide this year as YouVersion is working with us to translate our new "Start Here" plan for new believers into 60+ languages. How cool is that?!!

And there's so much more - I truly believe that we are standing at a moment of opportunity, much as we did seven years ago. So we'll keep at it as you keep praying for us. Thanks so much to all of you who do pray for us. We need it. And here's to the next seven!

Always in the unfailing love of Christ,
Pastor Kris

PS. Tomorrow (Jan 1) is the last day for our donation-match opportunity, and everyone who donates through Jan 1 gets a TTW Pop-Socket. Of course, give today (postmark or online Dec 31) for your last chance at 2018 tax deductions. As always, TTW is free with no strings, no ads, and no giving guilt trips attached. If you'd like to give, go to:
Online: https://mogiv.com/ttw
Check: Through the Word, PO Box 303, Westminster CA 92684

           


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading TTW but unfortunately i cannot get through the site any more and it help me a lot i feel so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that:( Please email us at info@throughtheword.org with what is happening and we will try and get this worked out for you

      Delete
  2. I found TTW through my bible app, and loved the studies provided by you so much, that I now use both TTW and my bible app. Each day, I start with a cup of hot tea, my bible app and reading, then switch over to you for my plan of the day and your teachings. Pastor Kris, you and your guest pastors make things so easy to understand, so thank you very much! I've struggled with Christ for pretty much my entire life, but now, at 50, I have re- committed my life to Him. Listening to your teachings plays a HUGE part in showing me just how to do that. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. [Romans 15:13].
    With love, through Christ,
    Cathi

    ReplyDelete