Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Check Out this Awesome Church Planting Book by Peyton Jones!

 Hello Through the Word Listeners! We have exciting news to share with you today!

Church Plantology by Peyton Jones

TTW Teacher Peyton Jones has just released his third book on church planting and leadership - Church Plantology - The Art and Science of Planting Churches. 

Now I have to say upfront, I am partial to Peyton's books - Church Zero revealed gaps in my understanding of church leadership, and Reaching the Unreached helped me change my discipleship model to create disciples rather than converts. So when I got a chance to get my hands on a copy of Church Plantology - I was super excited. I was involved in a church plant in Kenya, so I was also a little timid going in - I mean, Jones' other books rocked me out of my comfort zone--would this do the same with church planting?

Jones doesn't disappoint. Most church planting books focus either on the theological ideas of church planting, or are filled with stories of how a particular church started. But Plantology combines scriptural truth, examples from church history, and missionary practices from around the world in a unique way to help church planters succeed. 

As a missionary at heart, I was excited to see Jones discussing best missionary practices in the context of church planting. As more people in our community identify as Nones--those having no faith tradition--the church's culture is foreign to our communities. To reach the lost, we need to know the culture. Study it. Go out into it--not being polluted by it, but actively seeking the lost. As Jones says, 

To be a church planter and properly exegete your city, you will require a special set of skills. The planter must observe the culture, or they cannot understand it. Once the planter understands the culture, they can intelligently speak to it. 

Church Plantology, pg 230

Church Plantology is a must-read for anyone involved with church planting --from those on the front lines to the people supporting them prayerfully and financially. If you have a desire to see your community transformed by the power of Christ, grab a copy of Church Plantology today!


Grace and Peace, 

Jonathan Ferguson

Purchase Your Copy of Church Plantology Today!

Purchase Church Plantology at Amazon
Purchase Church Plantology at Audible
Purchase Church Plantology at Barnes and Noble
Purchase Church Plantology at Christianbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment