Monday, October 8, 2018

Update! New fix for app issue!

Hello again friends. We have an update, and hopefully a fix for your app issues. We're so sorry for the recent frustration, but we have a fix in place and we need your help to test it out and let us know if it's working. For many of you, the app should be working fine. If your app is not working properly, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app for the fix to kick in. So please try the following and let us know if it's working:

Try #1: Close & Reopen the App: That may be enough to get it working again.

Try #2: Delete & Reinstall the App: Even if you tried this before today, please try again. Here's a step by step:
 - Open your phone to the home screen where you see the TTW app.
 - Hold your finger on the TTW app icon until an X appears in the corner. Tap X to delete/uninstall.
 - Open the App Store and find "Through the Word"
 - Tap "Get" or "Install"

Test it & Let Us Know: After you reinstall, give the app a try and let us know if it worked. Contact us at info@throughtheword.org to tell us.

If it's still not working: Please email to let us know exactly what isn't working and what kind of device you are using. We will continue to work on a fix until it's working for everyone. In the meantime, you can use the web-app at throughtheword.org on your mobile or laptop.

Thanks so much for your patience and help!
In Christ, Pastor Kris


PS. If you're wondering what the problem was (and you like technical jargon) - we just switched the app to a new Bible API on Friday so that we can add more Bible translations on the same API. There was a query limit on the new API, and we didn't see it. So the app worked great in testing, but when we launched we passed the limit quickly and it shut down our access to the Bible server. Always another adventure.

25 comments:

  1. On my iPad, had problems, So I deleted it and reinstalled it like you suggested when I went into journey to which is what our Bible study is doing I wanted to click on genesis three which is where my group is it would not go there still but had at the top of the screen genesis 48 which is where I personally am at in my journey so I clicked to go in there for the next day and I started circling but it is just perpetually circling does not seem to have fixed it. So I deleted it and reinstalled it like you suggested. When I went into journey 2 which is what our Bible study is doing I wanted to click on genesis 3 which is where my group is at, it would not go there still but showed at the top of the screen genesis 48 which is where I personally am at in my journey so I clicked to go in there for the next day and it started circling like it was going to open it but it is just keeps perpetually circling redownloading does not seem to have fixed it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried the app and it seems to be working. I did not need to uninstall first. Thanks fir getting on this. I am really enjoying the studies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it didn't work yesterday but it is today. Thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t pull up the books of the Bible...only lets me look at Exodus. Help please:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. Have you tapped on the word "exodus" in the box? That should open up the other books of the Bible. If you continue to have problems with the app please email us at info@throughtheword.org

      Delete
  5. I stir can’t “go to today”. I’m able to open app but that’s it. I deleted and redownloaded several times. I have an iPhone 6 Plus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the frustration. If you on under settings and tap "general" then "iPhone Storage" then tap on the TTW app, it should say "version 2.2.0" if not, you may try to delete the app from there and reinstall, if it is the current version but still not working, please email us at info@throughtheword.org

      Delete
  6. I am looking forward to the NLT version. Thanks for getting this up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot for keeping us constantly ''pdated' through the word.Will try this out and give feedback.Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had a problem. My wife & I are living TTW! ThanK you so much brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new translation options, but when I downloaded the update I lost the ESV translation. Was that the way it was meant to happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had to temporarily remove the ESV due to licensing issues, but we plan to have it back on the app ASAP:)

      Delete
  10. No Bible audio, commentary is okay

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have updated/upgraded my app 😀👍🏿.Looking forward to using the other versions.Thanks again.Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have an iphone 8s and it won't work for me. It takes me to my account when I reinstall but won't let me do anything at all. Just the heading changes. (guides, home, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad it's working again. I really missed starting my day with your great insights Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering why I couldn't listen to the Bible verse. It made me really read and stay intuned. Thank you for the best app that brings me closer to God

    ReplyDelete
  15. The fix worked for me. The Bible audio is working fine now thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have deleted and reinstalled and I still can't play Bible audio. I have a ZTE Android. I can hear it when I tap on the tow address

    ReplyDelete
  17. I deleted and redownloaded the App. I signed in and my prayer list is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that:( What kind of device are you using?

      Delete
  18. I did the update and the app is not working right at all. Please help, I need my TTW fix 😉

    ReplyDelete